Customer Service Training Is A Game Changer!
Customer Service Training is a much-needed commodity in Australia. How much money could your company be losing by not properly equipping your staff to perform at their best and giving an Exceptional Customer Experience?
Missed sales opportunities, failing to recognise where they could up-sell or generate add-on sales, repeat business and referrals. So, if the argument for not training your customer service team is cost, it is certainly far more costly for any business not to train their team.
Good Customer Service Training is the only saviour for a brick and mortar business.
Australian Businesses are losing over $25billion per year due to poor customer service – don’t let YOUR business be one of them.
- From Myer to the corner deli – every business is affected.
- Over 80% of businesses say they give good customer service – however, only 30% actually do.
- Of the top 10 biggest western economies – Australia comes last for Customer Service.
- 64% of Australian would prefer to buy from a brick and mortar business, if they had a good customer experience.
It is poor Customer Service that drives consumers to look online – we CAN stop this.
With online shopping becoming a growing threat to brick and mortar business, good customer service is no longer good enough. What is needed now is an Exceptional Customer Experience.
You Just Have To Commit To Customer Service Training For Your Team!
Yes it will take time and resources to train your staff. One of the first comments I hear is “but we just can’t take our team off the job”.
Would you go to a doctor or dentist that hasn’t been properly trained?
Would you be happy to take your second biggest personal asset, your car, to a mechanic without the proper equipment?
Of course not. Yet many businesses are happy to let untrained and ill equipped staff loose on their customers.
You spend a substantial amount of time and money getting your marketing right to generate customers, so don’t you want the best quality people to look after them for you?
It just doesn’t make sense that we don’t properly equip our biggest asset, our staff, and ensure our biggest income stream, our customers, are properly attended to.
Then there is the fear of staff turnover after investing in them, and a typical management conversation goes something like this;
CFO: “But what if we train our staff and they leave us?”
CEO: “What if we don’t and they stay?”
I love the well known quote from Sir Richard Branson about his most valuable assets:
“Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don’t want to”Sir Richard Branson
Unlike most customer service training, we combine three components to ensure the most tangible results possible and truly delight your customers.
Customer Service Training
A Customer Experience Strategy
Tailored Sales Training
This course is tailored to suit your business and is delivered in a choice of one or two day options.
If your still not quite sure if customer service training is the right thing for your business, here are a few more statistics that may reveal profits you are missing out on:
- ONLY 13% of customers say a sales person understands their needs.
- It is up to 10 times more expensive to find a new customer than it is to keep an existing one.
- Increasing your customer retention rate by just 13% can double your profits.
- Only 4% of customers actually complain
- 75% of unhappy customers will never buy from you again
- Customers are 4 times more likely to leave you due to poor service rather than price
- A 2% increase in customer retention is equal to a 10% reduction in operating costs
- Unhappy customers tell between 9 & 20 other people (with social media = 1000’s)
- Happy customers will tell 4-6 other people about their experience
- 70% of buying EXPERIENCES are based on how the customer feels that are treated
- 68% of customers will pay more if they get exceptional customer service.
- Customers who rate you at 5 out of 5, are 6 times more likely to buy from you again than if they scored you at 4.8 How much is your margin for error???
- It takes 12 positive experiences to overcome 1 bad one
What things could your staff be doing (or not doing) that could be giving your customers a bad experience, and not even realise it?
We have all walked away from a business at some time saying we will never go back there again. It could be for 100 different reasons for each of us. But that business has just lost our custom.
Why do customers stop buying from a business?
- 1% Die
- 3% Move out of your area
- 5% Are influenced by friends
- 9% Are attracted by your competition
- 14% Dissatisfied with the product
- 68% Leave by an attitude of indifference by the company
68% is just frightening.
What things could you or your team be doing to send your customers that message.
- A dirty desk?
- Not acknowledging someone in reasonable time even if your busy?
- Perhaps not giving a customer your full attention?
- Maybe staff continuing a conversation after a customer walks in?
All of these little things and over a thousand more send a message to our customers that we just don’t care, and in effect become indifferent to them.
Everyday I experience or witness poor customer service. And that costs the business money, repeat business, good will and referrals.
I gather so many stories and illustrations which I could literally fill a book with. But if we think we actually give a good enough customer service and experience, why do all these things keep happening?
Cold Hard Aussie Facts
The cold hard facts are that in Australia we just don’t get it, and we suck at exceptional customer service. The type of service that has customers raving about their experience. They come back again and again making you their default business in your industry.
Don’t let routine, habit or being busy be an excuse for not getting your team up to scratch. You owe your customers the best possible customer experience. After all, your customers are actually crying out for it.